Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Turning The Page

FINALLY!! I've finished Best Friends Forever! Yay! The ending was the best part. I mean that both literally and facetiously. Jennifer waited until the end to have any kind of bright side. Though I think the ending was weird, guess it fits in with the rest of the book. Anyway, glad THAT'S over! If anyone read this book and liked it.... what am I missing??

*********

*side story*

I hated the Twilight series, really hated them. (I know, commence boos & hissing) I read all the books hoping they would get better. I really like the vampire aspect but the 'love story' part ruined it for me. I kept complaining to a friend that all Bella did was cry and whine. As a joke, she got me a bottle of red wine and made a new label. She called it Bella's tears, "since all she did was cry and whine".

If Addie was a real person, I would definitely buy her a bottle of Bella's tears.


************

Anyhow, onto a book I know I like! Go pick up a box of your favorite chocolates and have a good laugh with me while we read Chocolate Lovers' Club!

***********

I just have to throw this out there, for all of you (like me) who keep a journal of new words to look up as you read. This is a great book for that. I am on the first page of chapter 3 and already have four words.

I also love British lit because, lets be honest.... they are so darn cute! They say things like "knickers" and refer to a one night stand as a "rumpy-pumpy".

It's always a bummer when you reread a book you really liked the first time, but the second time around it seems to have lost it's charm. That is definitely not the case here. In fact I have looked up Carole Matthew's other books and added them to my reading list.

Take note all you chick lit authors! This is how you write a great book from multiple viewpoints!

1 comment:

  1. I am the friend! Me! Yay!


    I kind of liked Twilight, and I also hated it with a passion. Weird.

    ReplyDelete