Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Love, Thy Name Is Chocolate

I seriously love this book! I was laughing a lot harder than one should at their desk while I was reading about Lucy's whitewater rafting experience! Classic! This is the kind of thing that would happen to me if I ever dare brave such a sport!

This is my ideal read. There are hilarious things that are pretty outrageous, and yet Carole doesn't go too far overboard into the unbelievable. Now I have never been whitewater rafting, so I can't say for sure, but I would bet my last dollar that people have fallen out of the raft before. I doubt very much that it's the boss they have a crush on that pulls them to safety, or that they bare their arse to co-workers while being saved.... but that's not to say it's not possible.

The best part is, Carole adds a great dialogue to go with the antics. The story is so well written, it makes it easy to get lost in it.

All these women are very believable as well, and they have problems that I think a lot of people can relate to.

Lucy, in her 30's, is still trying to figure life out. She has a job as a temp, despite having her degree, and is still trying to figure out what she wants to do. She is also kinda clueless when it comes to men, but it doesn't make her desperate. HALLELUJAH!!! I think most women can relate to falling for a guy who is just a bunch of trouble, and knowing it, but still having a hard time letting go.

Autumn has a huge heart and is willing to go out of her way to help anyone..... to a fault. Her glass half full view on life leads her to turn a blind eye to peoples bad side, which gets her in a bit of trouble.

Chantal is stuck in a marriage with absolutely no intimacy, not for lack of trying on her part. Her husband refuses to address the issue, and with communication failing, she starts to look for a physical connection elsewhere. Though it's not the main focus of her story, she does have a hard time facing the fact that she is cheating on her husband. She still loves him, but a big part of her is afraid what he might say if he is really honest about why he is being to distant. As my mom once told me, "you can't unscrew that pooch."

That brings us to Nadia. A stay at home mother, and wife of a plumber. On the surface their life looks humble and happy. But as her husband's gambling addiction gets worse, how long will she be able to keep it all together?

Who doesn't know at least one person with similar problems??

*********

It's fate, ya'll!! The powers that be like this book too!

I was getting all my things together, about to leave for lunch today, when goodies from my favorite little bakery get delivered!! Free! For the whole office! And since I am the receptionist, I had first choice. MMMMMMMMM...... Delish!!

Can't think of a better way to celebrate actually getting online and going for it! Welcome all! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. If I went white water rafting, that would totally happen to me.

    I flashed a group of boys at summer camp accidentally after I went down the waterslide.

    Funny review, thanks!

    ReplyDelete