Monday, January 11, 2010

Are We There Yet???

I am back at the office today and back to reading Best Friends Forever. I am trying to finish this book today so I don't have to read the dang thing anymore. The problem is that it jumps around too much for my taste. I feel like it takes forever to get the story moving along. Jumping between viewpoints and time periods interrupts the books fluidity.

To add to this book's misery, there isn't a single character I like very much. I feel like the only time Jennifer spends developing a character, she points out how messed up they all are. Take Addie for example; She will never ever, never no matter what, be enough. Never skinny enough, never pretty enough, never funny enough. There is so much self loathing going on with this woman, she decides that having shitty people in her life is better than no people. Someone get her a puppy.

What Addie lacks in self confidence, Val more than makes up for. She is so self absorbed it's distracting. She's the type that thinks life owes her something. Barf.

This brings up to Jordan, the Cop. Or as I like to call him, Creeper. He more than lives up to the stereotypical single man. He's the I-feel-so-sorry-for-myself-because-my-marriage-failed slob that wants to have sex with any breathing female. But hey, that's criteria even Addie lives up to; if Jordan can stop whacking off to the hostess of a popular toddler show long enough to notice. Ya! Yuck right!?!?

1 comment: